top of page
Financial Analyst

Resources & Links

Business Links: Image

Federal Registration


Request your FEIN (Federal Employer Identification Number) from the IRS here or any related questions, or other federal tax forms.

Note: There is no cost to obtain a FEIN. Be careful of sites that charge to obtain one on your behalf. 

US Dept. of Labor

Obtain information pertaining to federal minimum wage, employee pay, and other labor related issues.

Patent & Trademark

To register a trademark or patent your idea, use this website.

Business Links: Files

State Registration

Secretary of State

The office of the Secretary of State is the filing office for businesses in NM, and maintains records related to businesses and commercial filings. Here you may search for entities registered in NM to make sure your business name is available.

NM Taxation & Revenue Dept.

Persons engaging in business in New Mexico must register with the NM Taxation and Revenue Department. Use this link to register your business and obtain a NM Business Tax ID.

What you'll need to get started: 

  • A valid email address. Each TAP logon requires a unique email address.

  • A valid federal ID number such as a Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

  • Business Owners/ Partners/ Shareholders information is required.

  • Liquor and Contractor License information may be required, if applicable.

Albuquerque Business Registration

The City of Albuquerque ordinance requires that all businesses apply for and pay a business registration fee for each outlet, branch, location, or place of business within the municipal limits of the city prior to engaging in business.

New Hire Reporting

Federal and State law requires employers to report newly hired and re-hired employees in New Mexico to the NM New Hire Directory. Use this site to provide information about reporting new hires including reporting online and other reporting options!

E-Link Employer Reporting Portal

This website provides employers access to New Mexico Human Services Department, Child Support Enforcement Division online systems. It allows employers to respond online to nearly all reporting requirements.

Regulation & Licensing

Does your business require specific license and permits? Research here!

Business Links: Files
bottom of page